Share Your Review
It is ordinarily the first treatment used for a brain tumor and is frequently the only treatment required for a low-grade brain tumor. Removing the tumor could improve neurological symptoms, provide tissue for diagnosis, assist make other brain tumor treatments more effective, and, in several instances, improve the prognosis of a person with a brain tumor.
Symptoms of a brain tumor could be normal or specific. A normal symptom is caused by the pressure of the tumor on the brain or spinal cord. Specific symptoms are caused when a specific part of the brain isn’t working well because of the tumor. For several people with a brain tumor, they were diagnosed when they went to the doctor after experiencing a problem, like a headache or other changes.
1) Headaches, which may be severe and worsen with activity or in the early morning
2) Seizures. People may experience different types of seizures. Certain drugs can help prevent or control them. Motor seizures, also called convulsions, are sudden involuntary movements of a person s muscles.
3) Personality or memory changes
4) Nausea or vomiting
7) Sleep problems
8) Memory problems
9) Changes in ability to walk or perform daily activities
In general, diagnosing a brain tumor ordinarily starts with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Once MRI displays that there is a tumor in the brain, the most general way to determine the type of brain tumor is to watch at the results from a sample of tissue after a biopsy or surgery. These tests described below.
2) Tissue sampling/biopsy/surgical removal of a tumor
3) CT scan
4) Positron emission tomography (PET) or PET-CT scan
5) A cerebral arteriogram also called a cerebral angiogram
6) Lumbar puncture or spinal tap
8) Molecular testing of the tumor
9) Neurological, vision, and hearing tests
10) Neurocognitive assessment
11) Electroencephalography (EEG)
12) Evoked Potentials
In brain tumor care, different types of doctors frequently work together to create a patient s overall treatment plan that combines different types of treatment. This is called a multidisciplinary team. Your care team may include a variety of other health care professionals, like physician assistants, oncology nurses, social workers, pharmacists, counselors, dietitians, rehabilitation specialists, and others. It’s important to have a care team that specializes in caring for people with a brain tumor, which may mean talking with medical professionals beyond your local area to assist with diagnosis and treatment planning.
Descriptions of the common types of treatments used for a brain tumor are listed beneath. Your care plan could also include treatment for symptoms and side effects, an important part of your medical care.
Treatment options and recommendations rely on many factors:
1) The size, type, and grade of the tumor
2) Whether the tumor is putting pressure on vital parts of the brain
3) If the tumor has spread to other parts of the CNS or body
4) Possible side effects
5) The patient s preferences and overall health.
More Than 150 Hospitals Have Listed Us As Trusted Partners For Servicing Their International Patients
List Of Doctors For Brain Tumor Surgery In India
Filter From Top Hospital Across More Than 150 Hospitals Across 10 Cities In India
List Of Hospitals For Brain Tumor Surgery In India
Questions & Answers
Do You Have a Question Related To Treatments, Doctors , Doctors Or Travel & Visa Requirements .
Book An Appointment
Get Assured Response In Less Than 4 Hours